- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday 22 April and Sunday 23 April 2017
- L’Avenir Wine Estate, On the Klapmuts Rd, R44 between Stellenbosch and the N1. Map & Directions: lavenirestate.co.za , Tel: +27 21 889-5001
- Gates open at 11h00. Music starts at 12h00. Event closes at 17h00.
- The Estate is closed to non-fest goers on that day, except for visitors to the Guest House.
- TICKETS, BOOKINGS.
- The ticket cost is R200 pp for anyone over 18.
- Included in that price is entry to the venue, free wine tastings from 20 participating wineries, pairings with 10 curated biltong products, a branded wine glass, a biltong & wine tasting card.
- Persons under 18 enter free.
- Tickets can be obtained from plankton.mobi or www.computicket.com or in any Checkers store with a Computicket.
- Tickets will not be discounted. Alcohol will not be served to under 18’s.
- Depending on prior ticket sales, tickets will be available at the gate on the day. Follow our social media pages to keep up to date. See below for details.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- L’Avenir Wine Estate is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 500m away from the main festival area.
- A drop-off zone for shuttles, taxi’s, Uber drivers or for persons who might not be as mobile has been arranged. Follow the parking attendants’ instructions once inside the Estate gate.
- On arrival visitors will be directed to one of several parking areas. Visitors may have to walk approximately 500m to reach the festival site.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Some seating is provided, but visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs etc.
- Visitors may taste and purchase wine from the participating wineries and pair the wines with Dad’s Choice Biltong and Braai and Boschendal’s The Werf Butchery Biltong and Droëwors.
- Food for sale include cheese platters from L’Avenir, pizza’s, ice cream, wraps, boerie rolls, veggie and chicken options, soft drinks/water and coffee.
- Kids are welcome to visit the The Pebbles Project area for supervised entertainment or play on the extensive lawns and the jumping castle. There are dams on the property, so parents have to take responsibility for their kids.
- Live music will be provided by Guy Feldman and his band who will play well-loved favourites.
- No BYO Food and Drinks are allowed.
- No pets. With staff’s pets already on the property it might become an issue.
- EXTRA INFORMATION & CONTACT DETAILS
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Björn van Oort – email@example.com
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
L’Avenir Wine Estate: firstname.lastname@example.org +27 21 889-5001.
Follow the Pinotage and Biltong Festival on social media by using #pinobiltongfest