- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday 14 October (International Pinotage Day) and Sunday, 15 October 2017
- Leriba Hotel, 245 End Ave, Clubview,Centurion, Gauteng. Map and Directions: leriba.co.za . Tel no: 012 660-3300
- Gates open at 11h00. Music starts at 12h00. Event closes at 17h00.
- TICKETS, BOOKINGS.
- The ticket cost is R220 pp for anyone over 18 on plankton.mobi or www.computicket.com
- If you buy at the Box Office at the festival, the cost is R250 per ticket.
- Included in that price is entry to the venue, free wine tastings (around 60 wines) from 18 participating wineries, pairings with 9 curated biltong products, a branded wine glass, a biltong & wine tasting card.
- Persons under 18 enter free.
- Tickets can be obtained from plankton.mobi or www.computicket.com or in any Checkers store with a Computicket.
- Depending on prior ticket sales, tickets will be available at the gate on the day. Follow our social media pages to keep up to date.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of the Gautrain, taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- Alternatively book at Leriba Hotel to stay over afterwards and relax in the restful surrounds of the venue.
- Alcohol will not be served to under 18’s.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Dress is purple and white to support International Pinotage Day – prizes for the best-dressed!
- Some seating is provided, although visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs.
- Kids are welcome to visit the The Pebbles Project Kidz Zone, supported by Montagu Dried Fruit and Nuts for entertainment and to enjoy on the jumping castle. Please note that a donation of R75 per child is expected to support The Pebbles Project in their fundraising efforts.
- Live music will be provided by The Swing Cats Duo.
- FOOD AND DRINK
- Visitors may taste and are encouraged to purchase wine from the participating wineries and pair the wines with Billa ‘B & Co Biltong Deli’s products.
- Wineries offer great deals on their wines, and various payment options are available.
- Leriba Hotel has arranged for porters to assist with getting wine to the parking area.
- Food for sale include various options from the restaurants at Leriba Hotel including Hemingways’s Restaurant and Wine Cellar, Chapters Restaurant or at the River Lapa which is on the festival terrain.
- No BYO Food and Drinks are allowed.
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- Leriba Hotel is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 500m away from the main festival area.
- A drop-off zone for shuttles, taxi’s, Uber drivers or for persons who might not be as mobile has been arranged. Follow the parking attendants’ instructions once inside the gate.
- On arrival visitors will be directed to one of several parking areas. Visitors may have to walk approximately 500m to reach the festival site.
- EXTRA INFORMATION & CONTACT DETAILS
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Björn van Oort – email@example.com
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
Leriba Hotel: www.leriba.co.za
+27 12 660-3300
Follow the Pinotage and Biltong Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use #pinobiltongfest to add to the fun.