PINOTAGE & BILTONG FESTIVAL 2018: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday 14 April and Sunday 15 April 2018
- Perdeberg Winery, situated next to the Vryguns Road can be reached via the Koelenhof/Malmesbury Road, Slent Road or from the R44 between the N1 and Wellington. Map & Directions: perdeberg.co.za , Tel: +27 21 869-8244.
- Perdeberg Cellar is only 25 mins from Durbanville, 45 mins from Cape Town and 20 minutes from the N1 Klapmuts offramp.
- Gates open at 11h00. Music starts at 12h00. Event closes at 17h00.
- The Cellar is closed to non-fest goers on that day.
- TICKETS, BOOKINGS.
- The ticket cost is R200 pp online or R230 at the gate, for anyone over 18. Tickets valid for day purchased only.
- Included in that price is entry to the venue, a beautiful branded Crystal Wine Glass, free wine tastings and biltong pairings from 18 participating wineries, a biltong & wine tasting card and live music. In addition, there will be another 20 – 30 different wines to be tasted at no extra cost.
- Persons under 18 enter free.
- Tickets can be obtained from plankton.mobi or www.computicket.com or in any Checkers store with a Computicket.
- Tickets will not be discounted. Alcohol will not be served to under 18’s.
- Depending on prior ticket sales, tickets will be available at the gate on the day. Follow our social media pages to keep up to date. See below for details.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- Perdeberg Cellar is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 250m away from the main festival area.
- A drop-off zone for shuttles, taxi’s, Uber drivers or for persons who might not be as mobile has been arranged. Follow the parking attendants’ instructions once inside the gate.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Some seating is provided, although visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs.
- Visitors may taste and purchase wine from the participating wineries and pair the wines with selected biltong products from the supplier.
- Items for sale include cheese platters from Perdeberg, Oysters & Bubbly, Craft beer and bar snacks, Burgers & Boerewors Rolls, fish and chips, ice cream, soft drinks/water and coffee.
- Perdeberg offers a small kiddies playground.
- Live music will be provided by Guy Feldman and his band, playing well-loved favourites.
- No BYO Food and Drinks are allowed.
5.BILTONG AND WINE PARTICIPANTS
Biltong Supplier: Afrifoods Bilton & Butcher, Kuilsriver
Participating wineries:Badsberg Winery, Beyerskloof, Boland Cellar, Bonnievale Wines, Delheim Wines, Flagstone Winery , Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate , Idiom Collection, Knorhoek Wines , Lanzerac Wines, Mellasat Vineyards, Overhex Wines International, Perdeberg Cellar , Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, Simonsvlei Winery, Stellenbosch Hills Wines, Van Loveren Vineyards, Wellington Wines.
6. EXTRA INFORMATION & CONTACT DETAILS
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – email@example.com
Björn van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
Perdeberg Cellar: email@example.com +27 21 869-8244.
Follow the Pinotage and Biltong Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use #pinobiltongfest to add to the fun.