CABERNET FRANC CARNIVAL W CAPE 2018: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday, 19 May 2018, 11h00-16h00.
- Avontuur Estate, off the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West.
- Directions: www.avontuurestate.co.za or +27 21 855-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gates open at 11h00. Event closes at 16h00.
- Avontuur Estate is the main and venue sponsor for the Western Cape Cabernet Franc Carnival.
- TICKETS, TUTORED TASTINGS, BOOKINGS.
- The ticket cost is R220 pp from www.plankton.mobi. Included in that price is entry to the venue, a branded wine glass, free wine tasting from 21 participating wineries during the day and a R50 food coupon to spend at any of the food vendors on site.
- Tickets bought on the day at the Box Office (if there are still left!) are R250 pp.
- Persons under 18 enter free, but no alcohol will be served to under 18’s.
- Tickets at an extra R100 pp books a seat in one of the three tutored tastings presented by Cape Wine Master and Head of the 2018Judging Panel of the Cab Franc Challenge, Christine Rudman. BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL beforehand via www.plankton.mobi.
- This is the only spot where the Top 6 wines of the 2018 Cabernet Franc Challenge can be tasted together.
- Tickets can be obtained from plankton.mobi
- Depending on prior ticket sales, tickets will be available at the gate on the day.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- Avontuur Estate is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 300m away from the main festival area. In case visitors want to arrange for a drop-off zone, please contact The Tasting Room at Avontuur Estate to make arrangements.
- On arrival visitors will be directed to one of several parking areas. Visitors may have to walk approximately 300m to reach the festival site.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Seating is provided, although visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs.
- Lawn games and background music will be provided.
- Visitors may taste and purchase wine from the participating wineries. Cash, Snapscan, Zapper & Credit Cards as per each winery’s offering.
- Food for sale include a full breakfast and lunch menu from the Avontuur Estate Restaurant but bookings are essential at email@example.com or +27 21 855-4296.
- Other food outlets include Gourmet pizza’s, Gourmet Burgers, Wraps and Prego Rolls. Vegetarian options are available.
- Soft drinks/water and coffee is available for non-drinkers.
- Kids are welcome to play on the extensive lawns, but parents are requested to keep an eye on them as Avontuur Estate is a working farm.
- No BYO Food and Drinks are allowed.
- EXTRA INFORMATION
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Björn van Oort – email@example.com
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
Social Media links.
Avontuur Estate Tasting Room: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 21 855-3450