- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday 13 April and Sunday 14 April 2019
- Perdeberg Winery, situated next to the Vryguns Road can be reached via the Koelenhof/Malmesbury Road, Slent Road or from the R44 between the N1 and Wellington. Map & Directions: perdeberg.co.za , Tel: +27 21 869-8244.
- Perdeberg Cellar is only 25 mins from Durbanville, 45 mins from Cape Town and 20 minutes from the N1 Klapmuts offramp.
- Gates open at 11h00. Music starts at 12h00. Event closes at 17h00.
- The Cellar is closed to non-fest goers on that day.
- DRESS CODE
- Dress in purple and white and win daily prizes sponsored by Simonsvlei Wines.
- Dress can be funky and fun or elegant and smart – anything you want to wear to stand out.
- TICKETS, BOOKINGS.
- The general ticket cost is R230 pp online or R270 at the gate, for anyone over 18.
- VIP tickets: R500 and only available on-line up to 2 days beforehand.
- Tickets valid for day purchased only.
- Included in the general price is entry to the venue, abranded wine glass, curated wine & biltong pairings from 18 participating wineries, a biltong & wine tasting card and live music. In addition, there will be another 20 – 30 different wines to be tasted at no extra cost.
- Persons under 18 enter free. Kids welcome.
- Tickets can be obtained from plankton.mobi .
- Depending on prior ticket sales, tickets will be available at the gate on the day. Follow our social media pages to keep up to date. In 2018 Saturday was sold out a few days before!
- Tickets will not be discounted.
- Alcohol will not be served to under 18’s.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- Perdeberg Cellar is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 250m away from the main festival area.
- A drop-off zone for shuttles, taxi’s, Uber drivers or for persons who might not be mobile has been arranged. Follow the parking attendants’ instructions once inside the gate.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Some seating is provided, although visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs.
- Visitors may taste and purchase wine from the participating wineries and pair the wines with selected biltong products from the supplier.
- A wine storage area at the Box Office is available to keep your wine until you leave, giving easy access to the parking area.
- Perdeberg offers a small kiddies playground but no specific kids’ activities are provided.
- Live music is by The Wildberries, playing well-loved favourites.
- FOOD & DRINKS FOR SALE
- No BYO food & drinks.
- Perdeberg Tasting Room: cheese platters, samoosas, Seaview oysters & bubbly, craft beer, water, ice.
- Food Trucks on site: The Travelling Coffee Shop (Pastries, coffee), Hippo Diner (Bratwurst, slushies, soft drinks), Love Pizza, O so Peachy (Healthy options, raw juice), Afrifoods Biltong Kiosk.
- Cash is preferred but many of the winery stands and food trucks also accept credit cards, zapper or snapscan.
- EXTRA INFORMATION & CONTACT DETAILS
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Björn van Oort – email@example.com
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
Perdeberg Cellar: firstname.lastname@example.org +27 21 869-8244.
Follow the Pinotage and Biltong Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use #pinobiltongfest to add to the fun.