- DATE, VENUE, TIMES
- Saturday, 18 May 2018, 11h00-16h00.
- Avontuur Estate, off the R44 between Stellenbosch and Somerset West.
- Directions: avontuurestate.co.za or +27 21 855-3450 or email@example.com
- Gates open at 11h00. Event closes at 16h00.
- Avontuur Estate is the venue sponsor for the Cabernet Franc Carnival.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will move indoors and will continue as planned.
- The ticket cost is R250 pp from www.plankton.mobi.
- Included in that price is entry to the venue, a branded wine glass, free wine tastings from 21 participating wineries during the day and a R50 food coupon to spend at any of the food vendors on site.
- Tickets bought on the day at the Box Office (if there are still left!) will be R280 pp.
- Persons under 18 enter free, but no alcohol will be served to under 18’s.
- The organisors and sponsors support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
- TUTORED TASTINGS
- Tickets at an extra R150 pp books a seat in one of the three tutored tastings presented by Cape Wine Master and Head of the 2019 Judging Panel of the Cab Franc Challenge, Christine Rudman.
- This is the only spot where the Top 6 wines of the 2019 Cabernet Franc Challenge can be tasted together.
- Tickets are limited to 20 seats per session and must be obtained beforehand from plankton.mobi
- PARKING AND ACCESS FOR WHEELCHAIRS,DISABLED FACILITIES
- Avontuur Estate is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
- However, due to the numbers of visitors expected, parking may be up to 300m away from the main festival area. In case visitors want to arrange for a drop-off zone, please contact The Tasting Room at Avontuur Estate to make arrangements.
- On arrival visitors will be directed to one of several parking areas. Visitors may have to walk approximately 300m to reach the festival site.
- ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- The event is held outdoors, although plans are in place for inclement weather.
- Seating is provided, although visitors are welcome to bring their own lawn seating like picnic blankets, low chairs.
- Background music will be provided.
- Visitors may taste and purchase wine from the participating wineries. Cash, Snapscan, Zapper & Credit Cards as per each winery’s offering.
- Food for sale include a full breakfast and lunch menu from the Avontuur Estate Restaurant but bookings are essential at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 21 855-4296.
- Other food outlets include Gourmet pizza’s, Gourmet Burgers, Wraps etc. Vegetarian options are available.
- Soft drinks/water and coffee is available for non-drinkers.
- Kids are welcome to play on the extensive lawns, but parents are requested to keep an eye on them as Avontuur Estate is a working farm.
- No BYO Food and Drinks are allowed.
- EXTRA INFORMATION
Organisors: Cobie van Oort – email@example.com
Björn van Oort – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours tel no: +27 21 981-0216
Social Media links.
Avontuur Estate Tasting Room: email@example.com or +27 21 855-3450